| | email@example.com
James established JCL in 1992 as a specialist practice in commercial litigation and insolvency. Driven by a desire to achieve positive outcomes for his clients, James’ focus has always been on effective and efficient problem resolution.
The firm came into being because James is passionate about achieving positive outcomes for clients within realistic time frames and providing real value for money. By establishing his own firm, James has also pursued his desire to help younger lawyers learn the art of law and problem solving.
James has a broad range of legal experience, with extensive experience in commercial litigation and insolvency. He has acted in hundreds of litigious matters, in a range of disputes from land valuation, contract disputes, breaches of fiduciary duties, fraud claims, building disputes and debt claims.
James also has considerable experience in asset structuring, corporate and commercial matters including advising directors, shareholders and business owners on a range of commercial disputes.
Some of the cases in which James has acted have changed the law and provided positive results. Those cases include:
- Marshall v Director-General, Department of Transport (2001) 205 CLR 603
- Voss v Suncorp-Metway Limited (No 2) 1 Qd R 214
- Macquarie Bank Ltd v Lin(2005) QSC 221
With a keen interest in writing and delivering papers in his areas of expertise, James has shared his considerable knowledge through various publications.
James is also an exclusive IR Global member for Insolvency.
Areas of expertise:
- Commercial Litigation
Qualifications & Memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce and Law (Hons)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Council of Australia
- IR Global, Insolvency Member for Australia
- Qld State Chair of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Qld State Chair of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee of the Queensland Law Society
- National Chair of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia