Carly clearly identifies her client’s needs, clarifies expected outcomes and delivers advice in a timely manner. A degree in business as well as law ensures Carly’s advice is practical and based in commercial reality.
Carly has been a part of the James Conomos Lawyers team since 2008 when she joined as a trainee solicitor. During this time Carly has gained valuable knowledge and experience in commercial litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency and has advised clients in a broad range of commercial matters including; property, contractual disputes, debt recovery and corporate compliance matters.
Carly has acted across all jurisdictions including the Court of Appeal, large scale litigation matters in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the Federal Court of Australia as well as in smaller Courts and Tribunals. Carly’s focus is on achieving the best outcome for her clients, whether that involves negotiating commercial outcomes or proceeding to trial. As such, her commitment to excellence has seen Carly recognised by IR Global as a Rising Star.
Recent cases in which Carly has acted include:
- Equititrust Ltd (in Liq)(Receiver Appointed)(Receivers and Managers Appointed) v Equititrust Ltd (in Liq)(no.3) FCA 738
- Westpac Banking Corporation v Zilzie Pty Ltd & Ors  QSC 238
- Mango Boulevard Pty Ltd v Whitton  FCA 1169
- Mango Boulevard Pty Ltd v Whitton  FCA 1295
- Whitton v Perovich  FCA 595
Carly practises in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Debt Recovery
Qualifications & Memberships:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Inc.
- Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Queensland Inc.
- IR Global Rising Star